toolbars removus

Thomas McGuire thomasmg at web.de
Sat Feb 5 14:39:09 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 18:15, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> for 3.4, can the following icons be removed from konqueror's default
> toolbars:
>
> File Management: cut, copy, paste, print, zooming
> Web Browsing: cut, copy, paste, find, security
I agree, but I would not mind if the security and copy+paste buttons
stayed, as Leo pointed out. However I personally don't need them.

Please also remove the KGet button.
KGet is integrated in Konqueror anyway, one does not have to drag all
files to a "drop target". And I bet 99% of all users do not use the "List
all links" feature.

Furthermore, toolbar buttons which are in reality a dropdown menu serve no
purpose, as one has to do two mouse clicks.
>"Whereas toolbars are designed to provide rapid access to frequently used
>menu items, Microsoft's designers chose to use the toolbar to
>display...menus."
http://digilander.libero.it/chiediloapippo/Engineering/iarchitect/controls.htm
(Reading that sites generally gives the feeling KDE has indeed copied many
bad design decisions from Microsoft)

Instead, KGet should be moved to the "Tools" menu, like all other tools.
All the users who really want a drop target or need to list all links can
then find it there.

Simply downloading files with KGet works without the toolbar button
anyway, so it is not needed.

Regards,
Thomas