kdelibs/khtml/java

Paul Temple paul.temple at gmx.net
Wed Feb 9 14:00:43 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 22:47, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Ok, did some profiling w/ a testkjs application.

As I had to restart my machine today (and don't know how to
unload java shared libs from memory) I got a chance to see, how
long java needs to start up in konqueror when loaded "cold" (a
plain java.awt.applet with java console enabled):
cold: ~7s
(warm: ~ 1s)

Quite a difference... Next time I reboot my machine (or someone
tells me how to remove the java remainder off memory :) I'll try
that without the java console.
I think the startup time will be noticeable shorter without
console if we only start an awt applet, but propably just a
little bit shorter, but not that much as.

And there isn't much more we can do about the cold startup time,
is it?