Fwd: Re: kdelibs/khtml/java

Paul Temple paul.temple at gmx.net
Mon Feb 7 21:59:30 GMT 2005

Thanks for the numbers. I'll try to execute that on my machine
later ... gotta keep that source code as I'm new to c++ and
don't know much of the apis (just a little bit kde, qt and stl).

> Note, numbers are after a few time to eliminate caching and
> seem to stabalize arround these numbers. I would say that it's
> a major slowdown showing a console window. Even creating w/o
> showing is about 20% slower.

That's why I proposed to just create the text buffer on startup
and create the console window on demand, providing the already
created buffer as an arg to the console constructor. I think the
startup time should then be almost the same as it is now when
not creating a console.