toolbars removus

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Fri Feb 4 23:56:36 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> I would really, really incline to disagree with you here Aaron. From my
> experience, the place a new user is *most likely* to lok to copy  afile is
> the "Copy" button on the toolbar. I see them do it all the time - they hit
> the Copy button, click on the other folder, and click the "Paste" button.
> (Once I show them you can drag a file over they are often amazed).

I also happen to know a few inexperienced users who *never* use toolbar
icons. It seems like they just don't notice the cut/copy/paste buttons
because they can't stand out in the crowd of buttons on the tool bars. No
single button can, I think. Maybe if I show them more often where the
copy/paste buttons are they will use it. But they didn't bother looking by
themselves anyway.

Dik