Patch: Using kpart's KJS::Interpreter (was Re: XML, XSL, XSLT, XPath support?)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 12 20:36:15 BST 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 06:10:47PM +0200, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Sunday 10 April 2005 23:33, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> > Do you doubt it :-). Anyway, can't easily see where this KateJScript is
> > created wrt. part creation (*) and openURL call. So Christoph, if you
> > think this is something for Kate, can you give it a try?
> > (*) too early to signal because the connections aren't set then
> hmm, the katepart scripting stuff isn't around to allow scripts to be
> embedded, but to allow to have a way to outsource editor stuff into scripts
> which are invoked by gui, not sure if we need/want this signal, for which
> purpose it it thought to be? to allow external use of the interpreter?

I leave the usefulness question to Leo :-). But in general, that's
exactly where it is used for. GUI elements are the images in html. When
clicked they invoke javascript actions (with onClick or href
attributes). And that will call the javascript bindings the plugin has.
Eg. for an embedded media player, it's typical the play/stop actions.
For an editor like kate, it might be syntax highlighting (ie. allowing
the user to change the highlighting scheme), column setting etc.

Koos