Patch: Using kpart's KJS::Interpreter (was Re: XML, XSL, XSLT, XPath support?)

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Tue Apr 12 21:29:55 BST 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 21:36, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> I leave the usefulness question to Leo :-). But in general, that's
> exactly where it is used for. GUI elements are the images in html. When
> clicked they invoke javascript actions (with onClick or href
> attributes). And that will call the javascript bindings the plugin has.
> Eg. for an embedded media player, it's typical the play/stop actions.
> For an editor like kate, it might be syntax highlighting (ie. allowing
> the user to change the highlighting scheme), column setting etc.
I don't think this will work with our use of kjs, as we keep only one global
interpreter for all documents, and you can't do anything in it, as the
document/view object won't point to right doc/view at any time beside the
explicite calls in the inside of the part, therefor don't think this has any
use for us.

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org