FYI: An OASIS XML Catalog implementation ready for use

Nikolas Zimmermann wildfox at kde.org
Sat Apr 2 18:02:25 BST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 18:14, Rob Buis wrote:
> Sorry, when should be if, no decision has been made that I am aware of and
> we don't want to force kdom, though I can say it is fine for our (ksvg2)
> needs :-)
>
> I would like to add that kdom now is a good base for further xml based
> technologies. Even when kdom does not get adapted, such code would easily
> run on khtml too since we stick close to it.
> Cheers,
>
> Rob.

Hi Rob,

of course no decisions have been made yet - though I can't see any obvious
reasons for not using kdom for khtml in KDE4 - only possible new regressions.

Though if the "saga continues" we'll have dom level 1-3 core support, Catalog,
XInclue and XPath integrated into kdom. Leo showed interesst for a test port,
and well I'd definately help in any cases of trouble. This hard work shouldn't
be alone for ksvg2 - the big idea in my mind is still Compound Document Format
support (aka. svg in xhtml etc..)

Maybe the time for khtml coder input has come - what do you guys think?

Bye
 Bye
  Niko