FYI: An OASIS XML Catalog implementation ready for use

Rob Buis rwlbuis at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 2 17:14:04 BST 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 03:40:41PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:

> A quick FYI,
>
> An implementation of OASIS XML Catalogs against KDOM has been finished, and

That is great news! Now I only have to find out what this technology
actually does ;)

> can be found in kdenonbeta/kdom/catalog. It passes all tests, no pieces are
> known to be missing, valgrind shows good reports, and it's documented. What
> remains is small trivial fixes which currently is pending on KDOM
> development.

I hope to do more work on that in the coming weeks.

> Apparently Mozilla has Catalog support on its roadmap[1]. In order to bring
> that to Konqueror all that is needed is glue. So, when khtml is ported to
> KDOM in KDE 4, it would be a good idea to coordinate this in the same go.

Sorry, when should be if, no decision has been made that I am aware of and
we don't want to force kdom, though I can say it is fine for our (ksvg2)
needs :-)

I would like to add that kdom now is a good base for further xml based
technologies. Even when kdom does not get adapted, such code would easily
run on khtml too since we stick close to it.
Cheers,

Rob.