PATCH - HOME URL and profiles

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 17:20:21 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 12:20, David Faure wrote:
> OTOH I agree that (from the number of various bug reports reported to
> that) the app should basically have two modes [which we pretty much
> have already, with the code looking for the filemanagement and
> webbrowsing profiles], but finding how and when to automatically
> switch from one mode to the other is the big problem. This is still a
> much smaller problem than not being able to do both things in the
> same program at all, which looks like imposing useless restrictions
> on what the user can do
> ("sorry, no directory browsing allowed here, please use kfm").

Yeah, I agree with that. When I started on a seperate browser and file
manager at the end of the day I started thinking "what's the point".
The cool thing about us is that we solve problems. Period. Using two
different applications to solve is something what almost everyone does
because no one feels like spending time on doing it properly. We can
actually do it properly. It will still involve rewritting probably a
lot of Konqy but if we want to do it, we might as well do it in a
really innovative fashion (you know the hell "pushing the innovation"
thingy, instead of stepping back and following others)

Zack

--
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because
its easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.