PATCH - HOME URL and profiles

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 17:30:41 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 18:20, David Faure wrote:
>So one wouldn't be able to type a HTTP URL in the file manager's location
> bar, or vice versa? IMHO this is going too far, and losing one of KDE's
> greatest innovations.
>
>("sorry, no directory browsing allowed here, please use kfm").

I don't think we need to go  this far. Microsoft shows how it's still
possible:

exporer.exe and iexpore.exe are the entry to the very same thing, just with
different profiles. nevertheless you can open iexpore.exe and type C: or
exporere.exe and type http://www.kde.org ;)

I don't see any contradiction there (only the comparison with kcontrol /
kinfocenter is a bit lacking here.

Cheers,
  Daniel