[patch] Other tabs popup

Paul Sprakes pauls at sprakes.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 10:05:47 BST 2004

On Monday 25 Oct 2004 03:47, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 07:09, Paul Sprakes wrote:
> > Moves "Close Other Tabs" up so it is above the list of open tabs. At the
> > moment this often used action is at the bottom of the sub popup menu and
> > continually changes position, which isn't good from a usability
> > perspective.
>
> Close/Quit belongs at the bottom of the menu. this is the _standard_
> location for it in KDE. it is purposeful that this action is far away from
> where the mouse usually starts;

I agree that the close entry should normally be at the bottom, and was happy
when close tab was moved there since it was recently further up the menu. But
IMHO a menu entry which constantly changes position is just as bad. The way I
have it, it could be interpreted that the close entry is at the bottom of the
normal menu, the after the separator everything is a menu extension.

The only other suggestion is to move the tab list into yet another sub menu.

>the last thing we want is for people to
> accidently select "close all other tabs", which is why we put these things
> on the bottom.

Although they now get a confirmation box first so the risk of losing anything
is reduced.

Anyway I'll commit the other stuff, and live with the close entry.

> the rest, however, looks fine to me.

Thanks, Paul.