[patch] Other tabs popup

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 28 18:07:18 BST 2004

On October 25, 2004 3:05, Paul Sprakes wrote:
> I agree that the close entry should normally be at the bottom, and was
> happy when close tab was moved there since it was recently further up the
> menu. But IMHO a menu entry which constantly changes position is just as
> bad.

the nature of this menu is that it's variable in size. but it's not just
absolute position that's important. relative position is equally important.
since this is not a fix menu, some absolute positioning will be lost. but the
relative position remains, and the two most "valuable" positions are start
and end. placing an entry "in the middle" is hardly any good.

> The way I have it, it could be interpreted that the close entry is at
> the bottom of the normal menu, the after the separator everything is a menu
> extension.

unfortunately people are rarely that good at "sectioning" menus visually.

> The only other suggestion is to move the tab list into yet another sub
> menu.

ew, absolutely not =)

> >the last thing we want is for people to
> > accidently select "close all other tabs", which is why we put these
> > things on the bottom.
>
> Although they now get a confirmation box first so the risk of losing
> anything is reduced.

yes, which is a Good Thing(tm) =)

in any case, it's fairly academic at this point.. thanks for giving this menu
some further clean ups..

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric