overdeveloping your software

Datschge datschge at gmx.de
Mon Oct 25 01:34:59 BST 2004

On Sunday 24 October 2004 00:39, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Seriously we need to
>
> 1). rearrange the toolbars by

[snip]

>  d) add ways to create user-customizable task-oriented toolbars
[snip]

Customizing and managing toolbars should be made easier and more
"intuitive" for users. Everything else fully depends on the
particular user's use case and may only end in running circle
endlessly. Also as Alex pointed out this can be addressed with
profiles already, and where it can't the usage and behavior of
profiles should be improved as well.

> 2.) rearrange the menu-entries so that
[snipped a whole lot of b*******]

Here the same applies as with toolbars. Furthermore I suggest you to
focus on hiding the menubar and making the application usable for
your use case without relying on a visible menubar. The KDE style
guide requires the menubar by default to cover all actions offered by
an application independent of any of the many possible use cases. But
again, feel free to make a Konqueror profile for the specific use
case you have in mind.

Cheers, Datschge