Webcore-bits: Height merge for RenderBox

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Oct 19 12:01:49 BST 2004

Le Mardi 19 Octobre 2004 10:48, Stephan Kulow a écrit :

> I got a huge diff at home that tries to improve the doctype sniffing. But
> somehow I always get the same effect Dirk's patch had: all css1/ test cases
> and many more get a huge gap before the first line and even more in

What do you mean by huge gap? Is that more than the normal lack of margin
collapse? (e.g for basics/font-001.html, that got a Transitional 4.01 +
loose.dtd, it's "almost strict" so it's normal for the first line to be
shifted - there's no more quirky margin-collapse)

css1/* have a tricky doctype of Transitional 4.0 + loose.dtd... it's treated
as strict/almost strict by IE/Opera and quirk by Mozilla according to
http://www.hut.fi/~hsivonen/doctype.html

So paradoxically either way is OK, we just have to chose one :)