Webcore-bits: Height merge for RenderBox

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Oct 19 10:48:30 BST 2004

Am Tuesday 19 October 2004 11:43 schrieb Germain Garand:
> Le Lundi 18 Octobre 2004 06:34, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> > Am Montag 18 Oktober 2004 02:53 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > > There was already an attempt to change that, but it came too late in the
> > > release cycle and was reverted (see #83129, still open).
> >
> > Which is also a duplicate of #81869 which I tried to fix yesterday and got
> > the same kind of regressions we had before (it was not about being too
> > late, but about being wrong :)
>
> mmh I'm curious about how setting htmlHacks = inCompatMode()
> ( which itself = (pMode==Compat))
> could be wrong? (that was the reverted patch, IIUC)
> The error might be in the doctype sniffing logic or in the specific instances
> where we use htmlHacks, but htmlHacks must certainly not be set for
> transitional DTDs as we do now
I got a huge diff at home that tries to improve the doctype sniffing. But somehow
I always get the same effect Dirk's patch had: all css1/ test cases and many more
get a huge gap before the first line and even more in <table>s. I couldn't find the
code that enables that, so I gave up for now.

Greetings, Stephan