Webcore-bits: Height merge for RenderBox

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Oct 19 10:43:52 BST 2004

Le Lundi 18 Octobre 2004 06:34, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
> Am Montag 18 Oktober 2004 02:53 schrieb Germain Garand:
> > There was already an attempt to change that, but it came too late in the
> > release cycle and was reverted (see #83129, still open).
>
> Which is also a duplicate of #81869 which I tried to fix yesterday and got
> the same kind of regressions we had before (it was not about being too
> late, but about being wrong :)

mmh I'm curious about how setting htmlHacks = inCompatMode()
( which itself = (pMode==Compat))
could be wrong? (that was the reverted patch, IIUC)
The error might be in the doctype sniffing logic or in the specific instances
where we use htmlHacks, but htmlHacks must certainly not be set for
transitional DTDs as we do now

> So I created tons of test cases with different DTDs to see if IE applies
> the table quirks and then I tried to make sure we're in quirks mode
> whenever IE is. But now we're applying quirks to xhtml transitional and I
> won't commit that. Just to let you know I'm at it.

OK, great :)

Greetings,
Germain