Release-version in UserAgent?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Nov 27 22:43:16 GMT 2004

Hi!

I was about to write an email to google announcing gmail support in Konqueror
3.3.2 when it occured to me that currently you cannot currently detect the
difference beween 3.3.1 and 3.3.2.

I suggest that for 3.3.2 or 3.4, we do like the other browsers and insert
rendering-engine/version:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.3; Linux) KHTML/3.3.2  (like Gecko)

For KDE 3.4 or KDE 4 I would suggest doing an Opera and skip the obsolete
Mozilla compatible this and that. It would be simply:
Konqueror/3.4 (KDE; U; Linux; en-US) KHTML/3.4.0 (like Gecko)

What do you think?

`Allan