[ANNOUNCE] Spring loading folder behaviour (bad news inside)

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Fri May 28 00:35:16 BST 2004

On Thursday 27 May 2004 22.48, Kévin 'ervin' Ottens wrote:
> Secondly, it is stated in this patent that "All of the temporary windows
> except the destination are closed [...]", but my code close all the
> temporary windows except the _source_ NOT the destination.

This might be enough. Check with someone knowledgable...

> Moreover, their patent doesn't cover triggering the event using the
> keyboard. Only by "pauses, gestures, or rolls over a hot spot on top of an
> icon", so triggering the event using the space key is surely acceptable.

What about using a mouse button? (Mac does not have that... :-)
If I drag (with Left Mouse Button - LMB) a file over a folder and
klick (MMB or RMB) I get:
  Move
  Copy
  Link
  Cancel
Why not add some alternatives from ordinary use of RMB !!!
  Open in New Window
  Open in New Tab
  Action -> Open Terminal Here
and additionally
  Open Temporary Window
With this in mind MMB should get something resembling the configured MMB
action (i have Open in background tab - that won't work...)

So the shortcut would be
	Drag above folder, click middle mouse button (a spring folder opens), repeat,
	drop
	(Temporary folders close)

/RogerL

--