[ANNOUNCE] Spring loading folder behaviour (bad news inside)

Kévin 'ervin' Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Fri May 28 07:56:24 BST 2004

Le vendredi 28 Mai 2004 01:35, Roger Larsson a écrit :
> This might be enough. Check with someone knowledgable...

I consulted a lawyer I know, and her opinion on this is that it should be
enough... The problem is that US patents are not an exact science.

> What about using a mouse button? (Mac does not have that... :-)

Point! :-)

> If I drag (with Left Mouse Button - LMB) a file over a folder and
> klick (MMB or RMB) I get:
>   Move
>   Copy
>   Link
>   Cancel
> Why not add some alternatives from ordinary use of RMB !!!
>   Open in New Window
>   Open in New Tab
>   Action -> Open Terminal Here
> and additionally
>   Open Temporary Window
> With this in mind MMB should get something resembling the configured MMB
> action (i have Open in background tab - that won't work...)

Hmmm... and how to you validate the popup menu choice?
RMB click again? Not very obvious in my opinion.
Otherwise, it sounds interesting...

> So the shortcut would be
> 	Drag above folder, click middle mouse button (a spring folder opens),
> repeat, drop
> 	(Temporary folders close)

I'm still not sure that clicking a mouse boutton while you press one for your
drag and drop operation is something easy to do... That's why I'd prefer to
use the keyboard here. Generally your other hand is free and can easily reach
a particular key.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."