konqueror preloading issue

Dr. Juergen Pfennig info at j-pfennig.de
Mon Jun 28 19:08:08 BST 2004

On Sunday 27 June 2004 22:26, Dario Massarin wrote:

> Another question. Is it possible to reset the konqueror every time we want
> to keep it for preloading? IMHO this should be the correct behaviour.

In other words: the kio_slaves that were used should be released. That solves
another ugly problem: konqueror (kio_file?) ignores the nature of samba (and
other?) shares so that they remain locked until the user logs out
(sometimes). The same is true for automounted removable devices.

So finding a way to release resources when konqueror goes to background (e.g.
only one invisible "preload" instance remains) would solve a lot of problems.

Jürgen