konqueror preloading issue

Dario Massarin nekkar at libero.it
Mon Jun 28 01:33:49 BST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 18:08, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> In other words: the kio_slaves that were used should be released. That
> solves another ugly problem: konqueror (kio_file?) ignores the nature of
> samba (and other?) shares so that they remain locked until the user logs
> out
> (sometimes). The same is true for automounted removable devices.
>
> So finding a way to release resources when konqueror goes to background
> (e.g. only one invisible "preload" instance remains) would solve a lot of
> problems.

Yes, this is another issue (but still very important).
I was speaking about the konqueror memory consumption when it is kept into
memory for preloading. If I close a konqueror using 30MByte of ram, only a
very small part of it gets released and I have a preloaded konqueror that
uses lots of ram.
Any suggestion?

Regards
	Dario Massarin