No flicker on initial creation of the tabbar

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Fri Jun 25 00:59:47 BST 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 11:14, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Thursday 24 June 2004 14:57, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > Now instead of switching between views and reperanting widgets we
> > just show/hide the tabbar. Everything would be great but:
>
> I'm a bit surprised that it works for you at all, here it only
> crashes:

Well, that's actually a feature - see, no flicker! I eliminated all
flicker from konqy.

Because this patch might have seem a little extreme because along the
flicker it removed all functionality from konqy I created a different
version.

Seriously though I don't know why it was crashing for you. Instead of
fooling around with it. I implemented it the simplest possible way from
scratch:
- it konq_viewmgr works exactly like it would be in always tabbed mode,
- konq_tabs handles showing of tabbar.

There's a lot things that still could be optimized there, so in no
specific order:
1) Maks tells me that there's multiple useless khtmlpart's created,
2) konq_viewmgr still contains useless codepaths for cases where
konq_tabs is not the top container,
3) konq_viewmgr does the convertion of views on startup, it should just
create the konq_tabs as the base at all times,
4) queries to ktrader should be konqy session cached, to eliminate
ktrader queries on every link click.

Those are four highest priority things we should work on, but for now
the attached patch fixes (correctly :) including the sidebar issue) the
flicker on the creation of the first (second actually) tab.

Zack

--
ICMP: The protocol that goes PING!