Bug #44931 - middle click behaviour: open link in new window or paste a url

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Tue Jun 8 20:29:17 BST 2004

Am Dienstag 08 Juni 2004 17:12 schrieb David Faure:
> [...] it used to be enabled so the
> change in behavior might make people think it's broken in the next
> release...

Indeed. What I hate most about KDE version transitions is the changing of
defaults. That already made me report bogus regressions on kmail.

> Let's just say I'm surprised that the patch deactivates MMB-pasting by
> default [...]

Agreed. I fear that defaulting to off will make it virtually nonexistent for
most users. That only raises the pressure from some self proclaimed
usabililty experts to remove it alltogether during the next "reducing
clutter" operation because "it is a feature not used by anybody".

mfg
	Leo