kjs regular expressions problem.

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Jun 8 11:50:19 BST 2004

Hi, I'm in the process of bringing konqueror-embedded in line with
kdelibs 3.2. This seems to preoceed well, however, testing some random site,
I managed to crash the browser.
The problem I found is in the regular expression code, when the PCRE code
is not used.
In this case, if the regular expression cannot be compiled, the match()
function crashes.

The attached patch avoids the crash, at least, by compiling "" when the original
expression could not be compiled.

I think the code has some probem anyway, since it reliwes on the ascii() conversion.
For the expression that triggered the bug ( /[^a-zAZ0-9._-áèìòù]/ ) I suspect even the
pcre case would not be translated correctly....

Luciano