search bar floats

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jul 2 13:15:05 BST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 00:03, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia czwartek, 1 lipca 2004 22:13, Koos Vriezen napisaƂ:
> > > I'd say it is part of wider problem: toolbars in KDE (and especially
> > > in Konq) can be completely unpredictable. Also ways to control them
> > > are too limited - MS-Office is perfect.
> >
> > As this thread started with such an unpredictable thing (which is
> > fixed now), you might get a developers attention if you actually mention
> > a concrete case (or did you expect him to doing an one-to-one comparison
> > between MS-Office and konqueror).
>
> Conrecte case?
>
> I cannot force Konq to place addressbar toolbar next to main toolbar.
> Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Even if I succeed, save as profile
> after few days it rearranges itself.

That's due to the size policy (and size-related behavior) of the URL combobox.
Don't overgeneralize into "toolbars are unpredictable" - as someone said,
they work fine in KOffice. The issue is only to find a way to tell the URL
combo to give some space to other widgets next to it, while still taking as
much space as possible of course...