search bar floats

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Jul 2 09:31:01 BST 2004

El 20:06, giovedì 01 luglio 2004, Mikolaj Machowski escribió:
> Dnia czwartek, 1 lipca 2004 18:02, Luciano Montanaro napisał:
> > >
> > > Feature or bug?
> >
> > I'd say bug. I too find the bar is a bit too eager to popup. I have
> > changed its .rc file in my local copy to make it separate, and to be
> > able to disable it from the settings menu, but it pops up even if I try
> > to disable it.
> > I think there should be a way to disable the bar, as 	there is for the
> > rellink bar (of which, on the other hand, I have three copies in my
> > konqueror window, currently:-(, so that too may need some fix.).
>
> I'd say it is part of wider problem: toolbars in KDE (and especially in
> Konq) can be completely unpredictable. Also ways to control them are too
> limited - MS-Office is perfect.

There are two problems, actually. One is that, as you say, there is no way to
lay out the toolbars, and keep them the way you prefer in a predictable way.
The other is that there is no way to enable/disable Konqueror plugins.
Since the number of Konqueror plugins is growing, this is beginning to
be a problem. The most cited unwanted plugin is the Cervisia part - which I find
quite valuable, but which freaks out our usability team...

Luciano