RFC: change font sizes

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Sat Jan 31 17:44:10 GMT 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 18:17, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Actually, you win a lot. It allows you to chose between typographical
> correctness (enter the real DPI value), the Windows setting (96 DPI) or the
> Mac value (72 DPI).
>
> It would be nice to mark broken sites and adjust the DPI to 96 or even 72
> DPI for them, but generally I have little issues with the font sizes these
> days. In the past KHTML used to be much worse.

Probably because khtml does it's own conversion from points to pixels. To do
this we use the maximum of what X tells us the DPI value is and 96 (ie.
QMAX(96,QPaintDevice::x11AppDpiY()). If you don't do this a whole lot of web
pages get tiny and more or less unreadable fonts on 72/75 dpi displays
(that's what you might have seen in the past).

Lars