RFC: change font sizes

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Jan 31 18:21:59 GMT 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 18:44, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Probably because khtml does it's own conversion from points to pixels. To
> do this we use the maximum of what X tells us the DPI value is and 96 (ie.
> QMAX(96,QPaintDevice::x11AppDpiY()). If you don't do this a whole lot of
> web pages get tiny and more or less unreadable fonts on 72/75 dpi displays
> (that's what you might have seen in the past).

That must have been on my previous SuSE 7.1 installation then. When I
installed 8.2 a year or so ago I specified the proper DPI settings as
xdpyinfo reflects:

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (374x271 millimeters)
  resolution:    87x96 dots per inch

I somewhat doubt the difference between QMAX( 87, 96 ) makes the difference.

--
Martijn