Suggestion

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Dec 4 01:48:07 GMT 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 17:49, Anders Lund wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a suggestion for improving the form data memory of KHTML.
>
> It seems to me that KHTML associates the form data (including passwords)
> with the URL where the data was typed. This is not working for many
> community type portals, because the URL where you type your login data (and
> other data as well) are often different.
>
> So my suggestion is that KHTML associate the data with the target of the
> form in which they are typed instead. That way, a user is saved either
> looking his password up manually, or going to a location for which KHTML
> remembers them.
>
> I'm not on this list, so if you answer please CC me.

  Nice idea, but actually this suffers the same problem I think.  I've seen
sites that have constantly changing targets but the login is always the same.
I have some better solutions already.  See bugs.kde.org for more info.
Basically it would use fuzzy searching (wildcards) to try to find the best
match if one doesn't exist, but some close ones do.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/