Konqueror KConfig XT conversion

Stefan Nikolaus stefan.nikolaus at stuco.uni-oldenburg.de
Sat Dec 4 11:44:11 GMT 2004

Am Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:49:23 +0100 hat David Faure <faure at kde.org>
geschrieben:
> [...]
> Hmm, should the HTML Settings group really be defined in konqueror.kcfg?
> Those are khtml entries, also used by other apps that use khtml. Can
> they be
> moved to a khtml.kcfg, put in kdelibs/khtml, and somehow be made to apply
> to KonquerorConfig/konquerorrc as well? (I'm not a KConfigXT expert)
>
> On the whole, I'm in favour of this conversion. After posting an updated
> patch
> I think this can go in.

I have switched the class name to KonqSettings and the file name to
konq_settingsxt.*. There is already a konq_settings.h in libkonq. It holds
some FM entries. But replacing this now would break binary compatibility.
I'm not sure, wether konqueror and kdesktop are the only programs that
rely on libkonq. One day, konqueror.kcfg should be splitted to share the
FM settings with kdesktop and other.

The typo and the unnescessary line are removed. Also I've extended
keditbookmarks.kcfg and replaced further lines in
keditbookmarks/listview.cpp.

I have attached some .kcfg for kdelibs. One is for khtml, as you
mentioned. It lacks the domain based entries. The other classes are not
done so far, but maybe someone finds them helpful. None of these files are
considered in the build process yet.

IMHO inheriting the entries of khmtl.kcfg should be possible, if it is
build someday.

Regards,
Stefan

--