Is it possible to hide a konq plugin menu entry?

Joe Roback joe.roback at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 06:46:30 BST 2004

<!DOCTYPE kpartplugin>
<kpartplugin name="kio_iriverplugin" library="kio_iriverplugin" version="0.3">
	<MenuBar>
		<Menu name="iriver"><text>iRiver</text>
			<ActionList name="iriver_actionlist" />
		</Menu>
	</MenuBar>
</kpartplugin>

Ok, I have code ( that works ),  connects to aboutToOpenURL() of
KonqDirPart ( basically same idea as in smbmounter plugin in kdeaddons
) and does this:

unplugActionList( "iriver_actionlist" );
plugActionList( "iriver_actionlist", iriver_actions );

if the protocol is "iriver:/", which works about 1/2 of what I want.
I would to hide the "iRiver" menu until the "iriver:/" protocol is called.
Can I do that?

I tried putting my actions in the Tools menu, but I couldn't figure
out how to put my actions where exactly in the menu I wanted and using
separators wasn't working too nicely...

I wouldn't mind just replacing the tools menu with my actionlist for
my protocol and then putting back the old one, but that may not be
worth the effort.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers,