Recent selection regressions/showstoppers

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Aug 9 15:49:14 BST 2004

Am Montag 09 August 2004 15:09 schrieb Tobias Anton:

> I'm not sure whether I'm the one to fix this. The fact that my patch was
> reverted in HEAD (which is not about to be released) without waiting for my
> reply is cutting down my motivation to work on KDE.
Nonsense. HEAD is supposed to be the same as 3_3_BRANCH at this point,
HEAD isn't opened for 3.4 development yet. So if I revert it for 3.3.0 I
revert it in HEAD too.

> From my point of view, KHTML's event handling is a great mess. Fixing this
> mess for good requires large code changes with many intermingled
> dependencies. E.g. do I have another 20k patch floating around here that
> addresses cancellation and bubbling of click and activate events. I
> developed it on top of this patch and with my old patch being reverted, I
> have to throw it all away and start from scratch.
Nonsense too. As soon as 3.3.0 is out the door, HEAD and 3_3_BRANCH
will become different code bases and you can reapply and fix your stuff there.
If it works reliable in all cases, you can backport it for 3.3.1 - but there
is no reason to rush such a drastic change that short before release.

> This creates the impression here that the whole idea behind my patch is not
> esteemed here. I feel left alone with my idea of cleaning up KHTML's event
> handling.
No, just your timing is bad. This is not the time for cleanups.

Greetings, Stephan