Konqueror Context Specific Popup Menu

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Sep 17 10:45:41 BST 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 09:55, Sashmit Bhaduri wrote:
> Hi, I've been trying to make Konqi's popup menu more fitting to the current
> context of where and what the context menu is acting upon. When a user shows
> a popup menu on a link in konqi, they are expecting menu items that act upon
> that link. However, this is not the case with Konqi right now as there is
> superfluous items that do not pertain to the clicked object.
>
> It can be confusing to the user as well, and as such, is an usability problem.
> Things like "Open in New Page" act upon the link, but things like "Security"
> and "Back/Forward" act upon the current page.
>
> This patch fixes this, and implements most of #53772 (as the original intent
> of it was with the original author, at least)
>
> Let me know what you think, and what can be improved, and if anything is
> messed up :)

The KHTML patch looks good to me.

Can you explain the KonqPopupMenu one? It seems to remove back/forward/etc.
in some cases ("in child?" Sounds like when clicking on an image or link, but the
code doesn't seem to match that). However in the discussion on the dot, some
people voiced the opinion that such things as back/forward/etc. should always
be there, no matter where you click on the page (otherwise you have to aim
away from big images...).
[That patch is Binary Incompatible, too, you'd need a new KonqPopupMenu constructor]

Thanks,
David.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer