[new patch]

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Nov 21 17:53:45 GMT 2003

On Friday 21 November 2003 01:48, Germain Garand wrote:

> Then "Basic Page Style" should elect:  the preferred + the 3 persistents
> (+ the user sheet if any, etc.)
>  Do we agree on that?

No, only the persistant ones.

>  and it works very well indeed. (That is attached patch #2)

patch 2 looks correct to me. please apply.

> Now, I have a third proposal, that is incremental to patches #1/#2 and that
> solves all remaining issues (a.k.a, comments #7 and #3 of #54335 : khtml
> doesn't obbey to a change of the preferred stylesheet on the same page -
> also true for http://www.kde.org/media/settings.php quite ironically :-} )
>
> See attached patch #3.

Yes, thats an issue. Other possibility is to remember if the user specifically
selected something via an extra bool. that avoids the extra (possibly
confusing) menu entry labeled "auto detection".

I think for consistency I should have appended the "Basic Page Style" to the
list of stylesheets to select instead of prepending it. Would also make the
code simpler I think.