[Wishlist] Save the sorting criterion to view profile

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Sun May 25 12:25:46 BST 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 14:20, Anna Nymos wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2003 22:21, David Faure wrote:
> [..]
> > Only one flaw in the patch:
> > +    QString
> > sortcrit=KonqIconViewFactory::defaultViewProps()->getSortCriterion(); +
> > KRadioAction *sort_action = (KRadioAction
> > *)actionCollection()->action(sortcrit.latin1()); This is quite dangerous,
> > it could lead to memory corruption if sortcrit contained (for whichever
> > reason) the name of an action that's not a KRadioAction. I suggest
> > KRadioAction *sort_action = dynamic_cast<KRadioAction
> > *>(actionCollection()->action(sortcrit.latin1())); at least, for proper
> > type checking.
>
> OK, have changed that.
>
> >[..]
> > I just saw that the sort criterion of the listview isn't really saved in
> > konqpropsview, only the "case insensitive" boolean (which is a bit
> > redundant with the above). Bah, the iconview and the listview have
> > different concepts about sorting, that's for sure (the listview allows many
> > more possibilities).
>
> Should I change it to the listview's behaviour or keep it as it is now?

IIRC the listview saves the sorting criterion on a per-protocol basis,
since the actual columns depend on the protocol...

> > Ah you don't have CVS access, right? Would like to, or shall I just commit
> > your patch?
>
> I would really like to have an CVS account.

Please follow the instructions at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q8

> It would then also be possible to close bugreports myself, right?
That's a bit separate. Please send sysadmin at kde.org your buzilla account
name (email address), so we can add the permissions to it.