[Wishlist] Save the sorting criterion to view profile

Anna Nymos fnschy at yahoo.de
Sat May 24 13:20:43 BST 2003

On Friday 23 May 2003 22:21, David Faure wrote:
[..]
> Only one flaw in the patch:
> +    QString
> sortcrit=KonqIconViewFactory::defaultViewProps()->getSortCriterion(); +
> KRadioAction *sort_action = (KRadioAction
> *)actionCollection()->action(sortcrit.latin1()); This is quite dangerous,
> it could lead to memory corruption if sortcrit contained (for whichever
> reason) the name of an action that's not a KRadioAction. I suggest
> KRadioAction *sort_action = dynamic_cast<KRadioAction
> *>(actionCollection()->action(sortcrit.latin1())); at least, for proper
> type checking.

OK, have changed that.

>[..]
> I just saw that the sort criterion of the listview isn't really saved in
> konqpropsview, only the "case insensitive" boolean (which is a bit
> redundant with the above). Bah, the iconview and the listview have
> different concepts about sorting, that's for sure (the listview allows many
> more possibilities).

Should I change it to the listview's behaviour or keep it as it is now?

> Ah you don't have CVS access, right? Would like to, or shall I just commit
> your patch?

I would really like to have an CVS account. It would then also be possible to
close bugreports myself, right? This simplifies things a lot. And of course
commiting my patches doesn't need to be done by someone else then.

Impatiently waiting for CVS access :-)
Anna Nymos