khtml as standalone DOM Parser

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Jun 12 16:56:47 BST 2003

Moin Jan.Kaiser!

> wondering whether it is possible to create a DOM::Document another way,
> e.g. by passing the HTML code as DOMString to a constructor or the like.

The way the DOM specs require it: via DOMImplementation::createDocument().

However, there is no way to actually pass HTML to it then and let it parse
it.

Are you willing to experiment with this and make it work? it should be more
or less straightforward, as we don't assume to have a part() available in
most code parts.

it actually just requires adding the open() / close() / write() methods to
DOM::Document (and just call DOM::DocumentImpl variant then) as a start.

--
Dirk