Can I send URLs to Konqueror from another application ?

James Cownie jcownie at etnus.com
Thu Jun 12 13:34:42 BST 2003

Hi,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Is there a command which allows me to request an existing konqueror to
display a specific URL. (For instance if I have an application which
has HTML help files, I want to let the user see them in her
pre-existing konqueror (maybe in a new tab), rather than start a new
one when she hits the help button).

If I were using mozilla, I could use the facilities documented
here
  http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html
and here
  http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html

So, is there something similar ?
If so is there any documentation ?

Please reply directly since I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks

-- Jim

James Cownie	<jcownie at etnus.com>
Etnus, LLC.     +44 117 9071438