[BR #57477] Problems with Cervisia part and Konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jul 21 21:38:20 BST 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 21:04, Christian Loose wrote:
> (Please CC me since I'm not subscribed to the list)
>
> Hi Konqueror developers,
>
> we have a problem with the Cervisia part when used in combination with
> Konqueror and I need your help. :-)
>
> Sometimes the Cervisia part is loaded by Konqueror although the user didn't
> ask for it. Please see the bug reports #57477, #49431 and #55272. So far I
> couldn't find the cause of this behaviour but I suspect that the problems
> comes from the mime type inode/directory  (see
> http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdesdk/cervisia/cervisia.desktop?rev=1.72).
>
> Now to my questions:
>
> - Is there a bug in the mime type handling for the inode/directory mime type?
>
> - Do I have to do something different in my kpart? Maybe in the
> BrowserExtension derived class (we don't do anything right now in our
> CervisiaBrowserExtension class)?

It doesn't come from your part. I think Cervisia, just like kdenonbeta/fsview,
should be treated differently, by Konqueror, than the builtin views.
Konqueror remembers which view was last used, which is fine for builtin
views, but not for "special views" like Cervisia and FSView.
I think we (I) should fix this in Konqueror itself. The down arrow on the
toolbar button makes no sense either for such views, but that's possibly
another matter. I'll try to fix those things.

> - Is it possible to create an inode/cvs-directory mime type? Maybe in
> KMimeType::findByURL() where it returns 'mimetype("inode/directory");?

This might be a good idea. Especially now that I implemented
mimetype inheritance. inode/cvs-directory would need to derive from
inode/directory, by saying X-KDE-IsAlso=inode/directory.
However to detect it we would have to do an additional stat()
(for a CVS/ subdir) in findByURL and also in kio_file's listDir() and stat()...
It's worth investigating, but I'm not 100% sure it's a good thing to do after all.