Java plugin support for Weblogic

Samuel Penn sam at bifrost.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 17:51:19 BST 2003

First off, I've got this working on Mozilla, using the Java plugin.
Konqueror however cannot display the Java applet needed by the
Weblogic console. Part of the problem may be that it's using JSSL.

The Java HOWTO mentions that there are problems using Java 1.3 -
is this problem specific to 1.3, or does it also apply to 1.4
(which I'm using)? Which versions of Konqueror does the problem
apply to?

I found it rather confusing that there are two ways to set up
Java - both via the Plugins and also via Java/Javascript.
Since the mozilla plugin works fine in Mozilla, is it possible
to get Konqueror to use this as a plugin, rather than directly
using the Java/Javascript setup?

Pointing Konqueror at either the mozilla plugin executable,
and the JDK1.4 executable, allows Java to work fine with
other applets - just not the Weblogic console.

--
Sam.                                         http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/