Java plugin support for Weblogic

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 6 19:06:44 BST 2003

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Samuel Penn wrote:

> First off, I've got this working on Mozilla, using the Java plugin.
> Konqueror however cannot display the Java applet needed by the
> Weblogic console. Part of the problem may be that it's using JSSL.

Please add '-Dkjas.debug=1' in 'Additional Java arguments' and enable
'Show Java console' and see if you find any errors there.

> The Java HOWTO mentions that there are problems using Java 1.3 -
> is this problem specific to 1.3, or does it also apply to 1.4
> (which I'm using)? Which versions of Konqueror does the problem
> apply to?

Iirc, this is a 1.3 only problem

> I found it rather confusing that there are two ways to set up
> Java - both via the Plugins and also via Java/Javascript.
> Since the mozilla plugin works fine in Mozilla, is it possible
> to get Konqueror to use this as a plugin, rather than directly
> using the Java/Javascript setup?

When nspluginviewer supports ns6 plugins, currently only ns4 (and the java
plugin isn't really supported, I've seen it working but currently it
doesn't with my kde build)