Win32 Port of Safari

Alan Gutierrez ajglist at izzy.net
Fri Jan 10 01:14:40 GMT 2003

Dan Christiansen wrote:
 > On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 10:17 PM, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
 >
 >> I expect far more pitfalls trying to get VC++ to compile Objective C.
 >
 > Expect more than pitfalls. In many parts of KWQ, Apple has used
 > Objective-C++, a language to which there is only one compiler; GCC with
 > Apples hacks (the one distributed with Darwin). You would probably have
 > to redo them in some other way. Objective-C++ source files are
 > recognized by their .mm suffix.
 >
 > If you need help doing those bindings, you should try getting in touch
 > with the GNUstep developers. I once dropped by their IRC channel, and
 > they were lacking a browser, but couldn't port Chimera since they have
 > no Objective-C++.

I was being silly. The Objective-C++ will need to be replaced. From what I can
tell Kwq sits right atop NextStep. Which is nice for Apple, but bad for Win32.
I am going to have to find a replacement for NextStep. There has been some
discussion here about that, but I am getting ahead of myself.

Alan Gutierrez