Win32 Port of Safari

Dan Christiansen dan at bugge.dk
Fri Jan 10 00:33:28 GMT 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 10:17 PM, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
> I expect far more pitfalls trying to get VC++ to compile Objective C.

Expect more than pitfalls. In many parts of KWQ, Apple has used
Objective-C++, a language to which there is only one compiler; GCC with
Apples hacks (the one distributed with Darwin). You would probably have
to redo them in some other way. Objective-C++ source files are
recognized by their .mm suffix.

If you need help doing those bindings, you should try getting in touch
with the GNUstep developers. I once dropped by their IRC channel, and
they were lacking a browser, but couldn't port Chimera since they have
no Objective-C++.