Win32 Port of Safari

Alan Gutierrez ajglist at izzy.net
Thu Jan 9 21:17:29 GMT 2003

Stephan Johach wrote:
 > Hi!

 > If you are using an MS C++ compiler older than VisualStudio.NET than be
 > aware that it's not very standard compliant in some cases.
 >
 > Example
 >
 > for (int i=0; i< 10; i++)
 > 	puts("Blah\n");
 >
 > printf("%d", i);
 >
 > VisualStudio prior to VS.NET compiles without even a warning. The variable
 > i is handled as if it was declared before the loop.
 >
 > int i;
 > for ( i=0; i<10; i++)
 >
 > The standard says i is only valid in the scope of the for construct, so i is
 > not declared for the printf().
 >
 > So expect more pitfalls. :)

Yup. Hit this twice. Each time I took moved the variable declaration out of
the for initalization.

Really, the problems I encountered with the KHTML source have been minor. I'm
sure we are going to want to discuss how to resolve the differences between
the two compilers, but VC++ isn't being *too* much of a baby. It doesn't look
like we are going to have to have excessive #ifdef nonsense.

I expect far more pitfalls trying to get VC++ to compile Objective C.

Alan Gutierrez