KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed Jan 8 11:50:36 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 12:37, Michael Brade wrote:
> > You could also check with KIO::probably_slow_mounted and keep using
> > KDirWatch when it isn't slow.
>
> Ok, will have a look.
Ahh, very good, that was easy. So it means probably_slow_mounted is everything
not automounted or nfs. Thus, detecting cdrom and floppy should work
perfectly.

Hmm. But the cool feature about KDirWatch is, that it works on nfs as well.
What a pity... so on every request, we need to check the nfs-dir again. My
university mounts everything nfs, hope one won't notice the change. Otherwise
I'll add a method KIO::is_automounted or the like and use that instead. Ok?

And mounting hds by hand should not happen too often, I guess. So that's fine.

Comments? Otherwise I'll just use KIO::probably_slow_mounted. Thanks Waldo!

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience