Repost from KDE Users forum: Javascript errors

Adam Peller apeller at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 10 19:17:12 BST 2003

Hello.

I am trying to port a complex DHTML app to Konqueror and am unable to
track down JavaScript errors. On one installation, I have been able to see
kjscript errors on the console, but they are extremely limited (e.g.
Syntax Error on line 1, it doesn't say which file... type error w/o
specifying any line number, etc.) On another installation, there are no
error messages at all, although I'm sure at least as many errors are
occurring. The FAQ mentions something about errors being logged to the
console, prefixed with JS: in a "debug build" but fails to explain what a
debug build is or if it's something I would have to build myself.

I'd expect error reporting to be a feature in the GUI, analogous to a
JavaScript Console in other browsers, rather than a system console or
developer thing, as this is something end users need to have access to.
The more detail, the better.

Are there any JS debugging facilities in Konqueror? Hopefully some which
do not require custom builds? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Adam Peller
apeller at us dot ibm dot com