real video plugin

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 10 21:43:18 GMT 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Till Krech wrote:

> Finally, I found the cause of the problem that a page containing an embedded
> real video (displayed with nspluginviewer) cannot be be reloaded or a
> subsequent page also containing a realvideo is not correctly displayed.
>
> The problem:
> The current page is not unloaded before the new one is loaded.
> The real plugin is somewhat global. When a new instance is created and during
> the creation another one is destroyed, it hangs.
>
> Is there a way to get a closeURL() in a part before a new openURL() and not
> afterwards ?
>
> you can try it out here:
> http://www.n-tv.de/3079196.html

Hmmm, if I try it with mozilla and open a new window with the same url,
the first realplayer stops playing but isn't destroyed.
Doing this with konqueror, duplicate window, also works. Only the first
window starts playing again. Indeed, reloading doesn't work.
Have you tried stopping/disabling/deleting running players before a new
player is created in nspluginviewer?

Koos