real video plugin

Till Krech till at snafu.de
Sun Nov 10 23:37:24 GMT 2002

On Sunday 10 November 2002 22:43, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Till Krech wrote:
> > Finally, I found the cause of the problem that a page containing an
> > embedded real video (displayed with nspluginviewer) cannot be be reloaded
> > or a subsequent page also containing a realvideo is not correctly
> > displayed.
> >
> > The problem:
> > The current page is not unloaded before the new one is loaded.
> > The real plugin is somewhat global. When a new instance is created and
> > during the creation another one is destroyed, it hangs.
> >
> > Is there a way to get a closeURL() in a part before a new openURL() and
> > not afterwards ?
> >
> > you can try it out here:
> > http://www.n-tv.de/3079196.html
>
> Hmmm, if I try it with mozilla and open a new window with the same url,
> the first realplayer stops playing but isn't destroyed.
right. But it shows that the both instances are somehow 'connected'.
> Doing this with konqueror, duplicate window, also works. Only the first
> window starts playing again. Indeed, reloading doesn't work.
With two konquerors it works even better than in netscape since there are two
nspluginviewer processes and they don't influence each other. But artswrapper
must be enabled otherwise the plugin instances start fighting for the audio
device. Reloading or clicking one of the links creates a new plugin instance
in the same nspluginviewer process - with the same loaded shared library. One
instance tries to start up, then the other one is destroyed. I think the
instance which is desroyed does then a 'NPPShutdown' call in the library and
this confuses the other one.
> Have you tried stopping/disabling/deleting running players before a new
> player is created in nspluginviewer?
that's exactly my problem. I do not get the information that ist should be
destroyed because the request for the new page comes before the old one is
closed.
In khtml_part.cpp, there is a call for closeURL() before opening the new one.
i think the opening is done directly while the close goes over the event
queue and is delayed.

regards, till

--
Till Krech from Berlin, Germany is happy with
SuSE Linux 8.0 (i386) 2.4.18-64GB-SMP * KDE: 3.0.98 (KDE 3.1 RC2)