PATCH (Re: Konqueror and multiple submit buttons)

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Nov 6 02:19:37 GMT 2002

On Die, 05 Nov 2002, David Faure wrote:

> > IE's behaviour is quite weird on this one. the submit button will not be
> > submitted for example when there is only one lineedit instead of two.
> It does exactly what it's supposed to do: it activates the first submit button when
> pressing Return.

And this will break websites. I remember that I've exactly undone the
"activate a submit button in case it was a lineedit" hack already for this
reason.

> But indeed IE works differently if there's only one lineedit.
> How can the number of lineedits influence this? That's very screwed up...

its depending on the number of successful elements. Also, your patch makes
it submit image elements. If I can remember correctly IE doesn't do that,
because it has no coordinate information. but I'd have to check that first
again.

> I see no logic here. I'm all for IE compat when we can... but here? I know you
> don't like Mozilla much, but it doesn't have this nonsensical behaviour.

Yeah, once Mozilla has 80% market share we can start thinking about
emulating mozilla bugs, but until then we're better off emulating IE bugs.

> > but I haven't figured that out. will have a look at it tomorrow.
> Yes, I know you want to do everything, but the reason I'm trying to fix the bugs
> I can fix, is so that you can concentrate on those bugs I can't fix

Fair enough, but I've spend pretty much time on form related bugs so I do
have some history on it ;-)

--
Dirk (received 822 mails today)