Fwd: kio: slave process dies when using https

aleXXX alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Thu May 30 23:01:59 BST 2002

Hi,

I received following mail:

Subject: kio: slave process dies when using https
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:39:26 -0700
From: Michael Cardenas <michael.cardenas at lindows.com>
To: aleXXX <alexander.neundorf at gmx.net>

Hello. I am sorry to contact you unsolictedly, but I saw yuor name on
the kdecvs list and I'd like to ask for your help.

Here at lindows, we're trying to put the final touches on our next
relesae, which includes kde3.

We've encountered a bug in kio, which is a serious showstopper for us,
because our "click-n-run" software installation program uses https
heavily.

Sometimes, when accessing an https link, an error comes up saying

"The process for https://some.secure.site died unexpectedly."

I compiled a build with debug information, and I can see that just
before that error is reported, this debug line is printed:

slave died pid = XXX

which is in slave.cpp line 114.

Do you know of any fixes for this bug? I've seen a lot of discussion on
bugs.kde.org, but no obvious resolution.

Thanks in advance for your time.

michael
--
michael cardenas